Professional Blind Cleaning
We offer Professional blind cleaning and Servicing.
Contact us for any Blind cleaning East Rand and surrounding areas.
We Clean all types of Blinds including Venetian Blinds, Vertical Blinds, Roller Blinds, Wooden Blinds, Roman Blinds etc.
Venetian Blind Cleaning
Venetian Blinds come in a variety of finishes. Including Wood, Plastic and Aluminium.
Venetian Blinds Needs to be handled with care, as the vanes can easily be damaged.
- Clean your Venetian blinds frequently to avoid dirt building up.
- Use a damp soft cloth for cleaning.
- To prevent dust building up on and around the cords and ladders, gently wipe each slat from the ladder or cord towards the centre.
- To clean grease or cooking oil on the kitchen blinds use a weak solution of washing up liquid and warm water. Rinse well.
- A pair of cotton mitts can also be used to clean Venetian blinds.
Caring for your Venetian Blinds
- Do not use any produce that contains ammonia.
- Avoid the use of abrasive cleaners.
- Do not use any products that contain bleach.
- Do not use oil on the tilt mechanism.
- Have your Venetian Blinds cleaned professionally at least once a year.
Vertical Blinds Cleaning
Vanes can easily be damaged and should be handled with care.
Vertical Blinds come in a variety of finishes, including Fabric, Vinyl and Aluminium.
Caring for Vertical Blinds
- To put less strain on the turning mechanism, the blind should be opened and closed when the vanes are in the open position.
- Clean Vertical blinds frequently to avoid dirt build up. Especially along the tops and bottoms.
- Wash the vanes at least once a year. Wash by hand and do not rub the vanes as this will damage the stiffening in the vane.
- Do not wring or spin dry, it’s best to allow your vertical blinds to drip dry.
- If you splash grease or cooking oil on the kitchen blinds. Using a weak solution of washing up liquid and warm water, gently clean with a damp soft cloth. Rinse well.
- Do not use any abrasive cleaners.
- Do not use any bleach or products that contain bleach.
- Avoid the use of any produce that contains ammonia.
- Do not use oil on the track as this will seep down into the vane and dirt and dust will stick to the oil.
- Do have your Vertical Blinds clean professionally at least once a year.
Wooden Blinds Cleaning
Wooden Blinds need to be treated like wooden window frames. Treat them on a regular basis to prevent the wood from drying out and splitting. Never use water to clean them.
Wooden Blinds come in a variety of finishes, and grades. From light oak to dark mahogany and even Bamboo, the wood finish is almost limitless. You can also get laminate finished pressed board, which again comes in a variety of finishes and colours.
Points to consider when purchasing Wooden Blinds:
- Wooden blinds are heavy so keep them as small as possible.
- Divide window into two small blinds rather than one large.
- The wood will dry out in the sun, so look after them well, and have then cleaned and treated on a regular basis.
Caring for Wooden Blinds
- Clean wood blinds frequently to avoid dirty build up. Even closing the blinds and running a duster over them weekly will make a difference.
- Use a soft cloth, wool, or “magnet” dusters instead of Feather dusters as it tend to scatter dust. These tools will pull the dust away from the blinds, and it will collect on the surface of the duster instead of flying around the room. Shake the dust of the duster or brush, before attempting to use it on another set of blinds.
- To keep wood blinds in excellent condition vacuum on a regular basis. Using the brush attachment on your vacuum cleaner, gently vacuum each slat, front and back.
- A pair of cotton mitts or gloves can also be used to clean wood blinds. Gently wipe each slat from the cords or ladder towards the centre. This will prevent the dust building up on and around the cords and ladders.
- Do not use a wax based furniture polish for cleaning. Wax will simply seal in the dirt.
- Do not use water to clean them.
- Avoid the use of any abrasive cleaners or products.
- Have your Wooden Blinds clean professionally at least once a year.
Contact us for Professional Blind Cleaning East Rand and surrounding areas.